Thursday, May 28, 2009

Retail Therapy


Everyone needs a little retail therapy now and then.
I do have a penchant for handbags and shoes.
However, if you've been following along, 
you know how much I love natural history.


I found these delightful specimen at a new home and garden shop in town.
A beautiful ruby red stag beetle and a red eyed mantid. 
They are perfectly encased in lucite and simply amazing to look at!


I can't get enough of my new little friends!
They will be a great reference for insect studies.
I had to show them to you!
Aren't they incredible?

2 comments:

Juddie said...

So sad, yet so beautiful!

Maldito Columpio said...

Fantastic!
They remind me of a little shop in NY's soho I used to love...
I had a great collection when I was a child, insects minerals and fossiles too :)
I don't have space at my place, so they remaind at my father's house.