Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Patterns Everywhere I Go

Floss Silk tree
Floss Silk Tree
Bromeliads #airplants
Bromeliads
Begonia Maculata
Begonia Maculata
Whisk Fern
Whisk Fern

We just spent a much needed break in the sunshine state.
A visit to the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is always enchanting and
I had to share a few pictures with you. No doubt they will inspire some new work.
Anyhoo, I am back in the studio looking out on six more inches of snow!
Hoping spring will come sooner than later. Savoring the memories of the last few days.
***
If you have a moment,  hop on over to Storey Publishing's blog.
 They posted a little Q & A with me and are having a book + print giveaway!
Have a great week all!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just amazing what Mother Nature gets up to in sunshine! I know you must be inspired by these unusual plants.
-sus

annamaria potamiti said...

The Begonia Maculata is absolutely gorgeous! So glad you had a lovely break, and
congrats on the feature!

holly aka golly said...

Susan: That's for sure!

Annamaria: Thank you! It was much needed! the Begonia leaves are stunning and I was instantly smitten.

Line Katrin Moe said...

Oooh, what an inspiration! Just like you:)

holly aka golly said...

Lina: you are too kind :)

Unknown said...

I'll never forget my first visit to Selby Gardens - escaping from where I then lived in the Chicago area to find some sunshine. Now I live blocks from the gardens, and am so glad you got to visit and recharge your winter-worn batteries with so much natural visual beauty, and artistic inspiration - can't wait to see how it translates into your always-amazing work!

holly aka golly said...

Kandice: you are so lucky! We visit Selby whenever we are in Sarasota! Such a beautiful place to live!