Thursday, January 19, 2017

2 0 1 7




Happy New Year!
I've been experimenting with portraits and pattern.
Diminutive paintings with little borders.
More is more. Pattern on pattern. Layer upon layer.
I made several lists - as I always do - of people I'd like to paint.
Plans, though, are made to be changed.
I began with some ladies of fashion and then jumped to 
women naturalists and gardeners of which Vita Sackville-West 
is the first. However, I've side stepped and started Virginia Woolf,
so I have no idea where it will all end up but that's fine by me.
It's a year for doing new things.
that is for sure.

4 comments:

donna baker said...

That is exciting in itself, Holly. Love them all.

Karina Kuschnir said...

Beautiful!

Louise said...

I am a huge fan of your beautiful work!

holly aka golly said...

Thank you all so much!