Friday, September 16, 2011

My Home Away From Home

my new studio space
The Golly Bard studio had officially moved about two hundred feet from home. 
The commute is killing me. Just kidding! I love walking to work and being so close to home.

trees in progress
My dear friends who own an interior design studio in a beautifully restored church offered me this great opportunity and I jumped at the chance. It's wonderful to work in the company of such creative people.
The natural light is fabulous for painting and I couldn't be happier.

palette and trees
I'm still settling in and organizing my things, but I started working right away.
 Two large forests of trees will be in my shop for the weekend.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous, light-filled space! Seems like a perfect setting to create your beautiful work.

vivienne strauss said...

Lovely new space! Have a wonderful weekend as well!

Lasso the Moon said...

That table is so cool! What a pretty place.
Anna

holly aka golly said...

Puty: The light is wonderful - even on grey days.

Vivienne: Thank you so much. Happy Friday!

Lasso: Thank you. It used to be our old dining table and it hasn't been used for years. We brushed off the dust and cleaned it up. It's a great work table.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful and peaceful space. I love your table and the simplicity of the decoration.

holly aka golly said...

Maga: Thank you. It's a shared space, which is very open. I'm trying to keep my little corner simple and workable.

Geninne said...

Spectacular space Holly! and I love your table! Hope you survive the daily commute ;-)

belinda marshall said...

how beautiful and perfect!
must be nice to step out of the house too :)

holly aka golly said...

Geninne: You are so dear. I think you have the most exquisite studio and home. You are my inspiration! :)

holly aka golly said...

Belinda: It's a really nice change. It's making me plan my day just a wee bit more! But then I can always run home if I need to. ; )

Gracey said...

i love your art space :) really cool!

Laura said...

wow! such lovely and meaningful work. the new space seems conducive to brilliant painting:)

holly aka golly said...

thank you gracie and laura!
hope you all have a great week!

Cathy Cullis said...

many bet wishes for your creative new space - I can understand why you might love this opportunity, how lovely!

holly aka golly said...

Cathy, thank you so much! I adore your work!

Unknown said...

wonderful to see you're moved in. such a light filled and airy space-- and you're already creating fabulous new work there-- congrats holly!

holly aka golly said...

thank you kathi!