Sunday, December 22, 2013

Patterns Patterns

Hazelnut Checkerboards
hazelnut checkerboards #icebox #cookies #christmascookies
Medieval owl #springerle #speculaas #bakingsoon #tistheseason
gingerbread owls #makinganimpression #patternseverywhereigo #christmascookies
Patterns everywhere I go!
The hazelnut checkerboard recipe is from Joy of Baking.
The recipe and cookie molds for gingerbread owls are from House on the Hill.
Well my oven timer just went off. So I must get back to the kitchen!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

dolores said...

Can I adopt you?:)

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Holly you are some baker. I love the marble surface and the up to date tools mixed in with the old world designs and exquisite detail of the molds. I do have some antique ones; the best being a sort of witch lady and gnome following behind her. What I like here is your cookie recipe keeps the design so crisp. A couple of these beside some tea in a 18th century porcelain cup? YES!!

donna baker said...

You too Holly and what beautiful Christmas cookies.

holly aka golly said...

Dolores: you are too funny!

Donna: Thank you so much!

Julie: I'm sure your antique molds are extraordinary! These gingerbread owls have to dry for 8-12 hours before baking and that helps to keep a crisp image. Yes, cookies and tea, though I think tea steeped in a Julie Whitmore teapot would be perfection!

Reifyn said...

I can smell the owls baking even now! I think those molds are great & I'm glad you've mentioned them here or I wouldn't have known about them. I too love patterns & see them everywhere.

Laura said...

Wow, those checkerboard cookies take time to make! Beautiful!

Linda McMaster said...

The detail in the springerle is totally amazing!!!!